Are you looking for ways to boost your website’s inbound traffic? If so, have you tried social media marketing? Nowadays, for a business to thrive on the internet, the number of active visitors matters a lot.
Obviously, more traffic to your site increases your chances of making lots of sales. To fully understand the need for social media marketing, here are a few things you should know.
What is Social Media Marketing (SMM)?
In the simplest terms, SMM involves using social media platforms to market your business or to create brand awareness. It may be in the form of posts, pictures, videos, events, promotions and adverts.
The best part about this is that it is simple and straightforward; anyone can comfortably do it. In most cases, when we talk about social media, the first sites that come to mind include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube just to mention a few. These are some of the biggest social sites today.
Why Does Your Business Need SMM?
In the past, social media was mainly used to connect, share, and meet new people. But, as time went by, businesses started using the platform for day to day activities including consumer support and marketing. Here are three reasons why:
* Social Media users constitute of more than 75% (3.2 Billion People) of the world’s total number of active internet users.
* Most people prefer using social media to seek help and assistance from their service providers and businesses
* Most web users spend more time on social media platforms than on any other websites.
Now, for any prudent business owner, is obvious that social media is an efficient form of internet marketing. In fact, it is the second-best source of web traffic after search engines. And that’s why social media marketing is vital for any business.
How Do You and Your Business Benefit from It?
Running a marketing campaign on social media platforms benefits you in the following ways:
1. Increased Web Traffic – SMM exposes your business to many web users. And s mentioned earlier, the more traffic you get to your business website, the more likely you are to make huge profits.
2. Drives More Leads to Your Site – A SMM campaign often attracts new leads to your business. These leads – if impressed by your products – often turn into loyal customers hence growing your business.
3. Build Strong Brand Awareness – Since a lot of people spend time on social media, running a campaign will expose your brand to a lot of people. This in turn raises brand awareness therefore helping you to build a strong reputation.
4. It’s Cheaper and Easy to Accomplish – Yes! Unlike other marketing channels, social media marketing does not require any expertise. You can do it on your own without any help. This saves you from having to pay someone to market your business.
How to Run a Successful SMM
Running a successful campaign is quite easy. All you have to do is to make sure that it meets some certain criteria. For example, you campaign should be fun, catchy, engaging, related to the target group and most importantly, it should invoke interest. Note that interesting campaigns always get more traffic than boring ones.
As you can see, social media offers you a great marketing platform. The best part is that you can do it yourself. It’s often a two-step procedure – create a campaign and share it widely. This not only saves you money but also benefits you in many ways as explained above.